Serve with 1 small bun or 1 tortilla and 2 cups mixed veggies.
1 cup ketchup
1⁄2 cup vinegar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup water
5 lbs (2.5 kg) boneless pork shoulder or butt roast
- Add seasoning, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and water to an 8-quart programmable pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cut pork into 1 lb (450 g) chunks; add to pot. Turn to coat.
- Secure lid. Place steam release valve in SEALING position. Press MANUAL button, select HIGH, and set the time to 1 hr. This will take some time to get up to temperature before the timer starts to count down.
- When the cook time has finished, naturally release pressure for 10 min.
- Using a long-handled spoon, push the steam release valve to VENTING position. Release pressure completely before opening lid.
- Remove pork from pot. Using two forks, pull pork into shreds.
- Press SAUTÉ and let sauce simmer. Add shredded pork back to sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, 15 min, or until sauce has reduced to your liking.