A time-saving addition to your Christmas morning tradition.
1 cup raisins
2 cups Christmas Black Tea, brewed and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1⁄2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 cup butter
- Soak raisins in Christmas Tea. Add vanilla extract and soak for for 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, Salt and Cinnamon.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add raisin and Christmas Tea mixture. Mix until just blended.
- Pour into a lightly oiled Rectangular Steamer. Bake for 40-50 min, until a skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- Place steamer on a cooling rack for 5 min. Remove loaf from steamer and cool completely.