1 lb (450 g) spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
crushed chilies, to taste (optional)
4 - 5 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
8 - 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup dry white wine, Sambuca or Pernod
2 lbs (900 g) fresh clams, cleaned
1 - 2 tbsp Seafood & Fish Seasoning
- In a Multipurpose Pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chili. Stir often, until garlic is soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in anchovies and let simmer until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, crushing tomatoes with the back of a spoon until they break down. Remove from heat and let rest so flavours can blend, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Return frying pan to burner over high heat. When boiling, stir in wine. Stir often until wine has reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add clams and Seafood & Fish Seasoning. Cover Frying Pan with lid and cook until clams open, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, then divide between 4 bowls. Spoon clams and sauce overtop. Discard any clams that haven’t opened.
Chef Tip: To clean fresh clams, soak in a large bowl of salted water. Let stand 1 hour to remove any sand or debris, then lift them out with your hands and rinse under cold running water.