Serve with rice or your choice of pasta.
2 tbsp olive oil
3 lbs (1,350 g) chicken pieces, legs, thighs or breasts
1 large onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, cut in strips
1 can (28 oz /796 ml) diced tomatoes
chili seasoning, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken pieces on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Remove excess fat from pan. Add sliced onions and green peppers. Stir-fry until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add browned chicken and cook, uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce frequently during cooking.