Flank steak is a lean, economical cut of beef best served medium-rare.
1 cup canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
4 (3 oz/90 g) flank steaks, sliced thinly against the grain
4 buns, cut in half
3⁄4 cup low-fat cheese – your choice
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Combine tomatoes and Poco Picante Salsa Mix in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Rub steak with Beef & Steak Seasoning and cook in frying pan until medium-rare to medium, approximately 2 minutes each side. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place bottom halves of buns on parchment-lined Sheet Pan. Top with steak, prepared Salsa, cheese and top halves of buns.
- Heat until cheese melts and buns are crisp. Serve warm.
Make it Mexican and layer in sliced avocado sprinkled with Epicure Guacamole Dip Mix.
For a saucier version, try prepared Epicure Enchilada Sauce spooned overtop just before baking and use any extra as a dipping sauce when serving.
Serve with a vegetable platter and your choice of prepared Epicure Dip.