This recipe is delicious with any choice of bread. Try it with slices of whole wheat, whole grain, or rye.
Sprinkle toast with 2 tbsp roasted almonds.
8 slices bread, your choice
1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp Cranapple Cinnamon Sweet Dip Mix
Toppings (optional): cranberry maple syrup, cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Arrange bread on pan. Using fork, gently press centre of each slice to form a well.
- In Prep Bowl, combine cranberries and sugar. Microwave uncovered on high 1 min or until hot. Mash and stir together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-Cup Prep Bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, and dip mix. Scoop onto bread and spread evenly. Add dollop of hot cranberry mixture to each slice. Using a toothpick, swirl to desired look.
- Bake 15 min or until yogurt is set (not jiggly) and bread is toasty. Add toppings, if desired.
To make cranberry maple syrup, simmer 1⁄3 cup maple syrup and 1⁄4 cup frozen cranberries in small saucepan over medium heat for 10 min, stirring often and pressing cranberries to release juice. Using fine sieve, strain syrup into bowl. Press down on cranberry skins to get as much liquid as you can; discard skin. Let cool slightly before drizzling over toast.