2 celery stalks
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) plum tomatoes
4 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cans (5.5 oz/156 ml) tomato paste
2 tbsp Sun-Kissed Tomato Dip Mix, or Spinach Dip Mix
2–3 tsp sugar
4 lbs (1.8 kg) beef pot roast (cross-rib or blade)
- Peel and slice carrots. Chop celery. Drain and rinse tomatoes.
- To slow cooker, add carrots, celery, mushrooms, and tomato paste. Add tomatoes and, using your hands, gently break them up. Stir in dip mix, seasoning, and sugar.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Spoon liquid in slow cooker overtop.
- Cover and cook 6 hr on high or 10 hr on low, until beef is fork-tender.
- Thickly slice beef and serve with sauce from slow cooker.